The countdown for summer camps begins…
What should I think about when I am on the cliffs?
1) Keep back from cliff edges – a slip or trip could be fatal
2) Remember that some cliffs overhang or are unstable
3) Only visit cliffs as a group, and keep together at all time
4) Don’t visit cliffs during strong winds
5) Sit down if you are using binoculars or telescope
6) Vegetation is often slippy; wear shoes with good grip and avoid any loose laces
7) Wear warm clothing and have rain-gear with you
Biologists have died when studying seabirds and not following these rules.
Remember: no data or photograph is worth risking safety and your life.